Sirinat Rajini Mangrove Ecosystem Learning Center
“How could a once deserted shrimp farming area turn into a lush mangrove forest?” This is one of many fascinating questions that travelers will be able to find an answer to at Sirinat Rachini Mangrove Eco-system Learning Center.
Ruean Prong Khao portrays an amazing transformational journey from a decimated shrimp farming area in the past to a healthy mangrove ecosystem with a large diversity of plants in that it presently exists as. Travellerscan enjoy taking a stroll over wooden bridges and through the vast expanse of mangrove forest while studying the ecosystems. Many of the mangrove trees were graciously planted by His Majesty King Bhumibol Adulyadej (Rama IX) and Her Royal Highness Princess Maha Chakri Sirindhorn. Ascend the Ho Cha Khram (Herbaceous Seepweed Tower) to embrace the fresh air and gasp at a panoramic view of the Pranburiestuary down below.
With a prior reservation, travellers can join a cruise tour down the canal, a mangrove forest planting activity to help increase the tree population or a voluntary litter collecting activity. Visiting Sirinat Rachini Eco-System Learning Center helps travelers realize the importance of the discipline and determination that both travelers and local villagers must exhibit to achieve success in sustainable nature conservation.
- Explore a forest trail to learn about mangrove ecosystems, a natural habitat of various animal species.
- Witness the mangrove trees graciously planted by King Rama IX and HRH Princess MahaChakri Sirindhorn.
- Cruise down a canal or try planting trees in a mangrove forest.
- Join the voluntary litter collecting activity.
Best Time to Visit
- Throughout the year. Open every day 8.30 a.m.-4 p.m.